- ..The tallest living Christmas tree is believed to be the 122-foot, 91-year-old Douglas fir in the town of Woodinville, Washington.
- The Rockefeller Center Christmas tree tradition began in 1933. Franklin Pierce, the 14th president, brought the Christmas tree tradition to the White House.
- Since 1966, the National Christmas Tree Association has given a Christmas tree to the President and first family.
- You should never burn your Christmas tree in the fireplace. It can contribute to creosote buildup.
- Thomas Edison’s assistants came up with the idea of electric lights for Christmas trees.
- In the first week, a tree in your home will consume as much as a quart of water per day.
- Did you know anything about cybersecurity’s latest buzzwords ‘’the zero-trust architecture’’?
A zero trust architecture is an approach to security that assumes that all systems, networks, and users are untrusted. It requires continuous authentication of devices, users, and applications.
Zero-trust principles work by ensuring that even if attackers are able to know a users’ password, location/IP, and username, they still won’t be able to steal data. So how will this affect architecture? Are we entering a new era in design?
Consider this as a sneak peek. If you are really interested in this topic, you will need a longer time than a short coffee break.
- Did you know in the movie Dune (the masterpiece of epic sci-fi architecture and atmosphere-making, a visual and aural feast. in my opinion obviously), Timothee Chalamet only did TWO green screen scenes?!
Director Villeneuve said: “For me, one condition I had to shoot the movie was that I wanted to shoot in the real desert. The title is Dune; we needed to be in the real environment so we will be inspired by the infinity.”
And since these conditions are met, the architecture of the future is all about harmony with the landscape in Dune. Not fancy CGI clip collages, only sand.
- Did you know? You can find 3D models of your favorite shows!
If you also like to place easter eggs in your projects (sometimes you’re the only one who understands, but still), I have found perfect 3D models!
- Jerry Seinfeld’s kitchen! Wonder where is Kramer…
- Speaking of kitchen… Let’s pay our respects to our chief. Monica and Rachel’s very detailed apartment!
- Last but not least… I can’t even.. How… It’s the DUNDER MIFFLIN SCRANTON!
- Did you know the artistic director of Louis Vuitton and founder of Off-White was an architect!
One of the most respected fashion designers, Virgil Abloh didn’t “believe in disciplines” and instead thought architecture should be used to explore many things. After receiving a master’s degree in architecture from the Illinois Institute of Technology, Abloh chose to build a fashion brand rather than take the traditional architectural route to continue his career.
In 2018, Abloh was named artistic director of Louis Vuitton’s menswear, making history as the first Black designer to be appointed to the role. He also designed a brutalist fashion collection and a race-car version of the Mercedes‑Benz G‑Class. Music fans know him for his work as a DJ and general adviser to Kanye West. This creative genius sadly passed away at the age of 41. Rest in peace legend.
And that’s all for this #FFF folks!
If you also have some trivia, please leave a comment!